Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just How Do You Match Up All Of Those Sea Glass Earrings?

Sea Glass Earrings

People often ask me how I am able to match up so many pairs of sea glass earrings. It is really very simple and lots fun although time consuming. I do this outdoors in the sunlight so I can see any subtle color differences in the sea glass. I like to have a strong cup of coffee before starting the process!

The first thing I do is gently pour a pile of sea glass onto a table covered with a white tablecloth


Sea glass collected by Lisl Armstrong for use in sea glass jewelry


















I leave the table set up like this all day and come back to it and look for more matches throughout the day

Sea glass jewelry or beach glass jewelry
















I choose pieces from the pile that would make nice earrings and then arrange them in a grid of sorts. Then as I continue to pull out more pieces I look to match them up with the pieces in the grid. At a certain point it all starts to flow. Sometimes I feel like I am playing the game Concentration! In the image below you can see where I have started a row of matched pairs off to the side...

Sea glass jewelry or beach glass jewelry
















A nicely matched pair of cornflower or sapphire blue sea glass which will make a beautiful pair of sea glass earrings!

Sea glass jewelry or beach glass jewelry










Sea Glass Earrings

The sea glass in the sea glass earrings below was matched up using the process outlined above. I call this style Mariners Dream.

Sea glass jewelry or beach glass jewelry


No comments:

Post a Comment